Menu
Mark1907
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Failed credit check on 1 of 2 mobile phone accounts?

Hi,

I took out 2 new sim only phone contracts 18 months ago (for myself and my wife) and wanted to upgrade both contracts to get new handsets. When I tried to do this a few days ago, I rang the Virgin call centre and was advised that I failed credit check on the 1 phone number but not the other. I upgraded the number/contract that passed the credit check, and had to take out a new contract to replace the 1 that failed credit check. I now have to close my old account/ contract and have been told that I cannot port/transfer my old mobile number across as you can't port to the same provider I.e. Virgin to virgin.

l'm really disappointed and confused that I could only upgrade 1 contract and not the other. I thought that a credit check is performed on a person, so don't understand why I can fail 1 check, then pass the next and be told that I'm eligible for 2 more contracts against that other phone number. All I wanted to do was to upgrade and now it looks like I will lose a phone number I've had for about 15 years, so a lot of hassle and has taken the enjoyment out of receiving a new phone.

In addition to this, I've spoken to the call centre 3 times now and gone from you can get the pac code to you can't change the number and will just have to cancel the account. I got the feeling that the girl I dealt with when trying to upgrade was more interested In selling a new deal than upgrading.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failed credit check on 1 of 2 mobile phone accounts?

Hi Mark1907, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I would like to apologise for this, but I can explain as to why this happened. When taking out SIM only deals, which you had, this is done internally when credit checked. When taking out phones the credit check is done externally. This is not ourselves saying we can't give you a phone because of x, y or z, this is down to the checks with the external company. 

We are not able to port from Virgin to Virgin just like you have been advised. 

I apologise again for the experience. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos