cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook notification of mobile number deactivation

thompa
Up to speed

Out of the Country at the moment and I received an email from Facebook this morning informing my mobile number for Facebook has been deactivated because my mobile service provider this number was registered with no longer recognises this number as valid.

So I try using the Virgin app on my phone, disconnecting wifi etc and waiting and waiting, finally through to a person.... then get dropped!

I look into my Virgin Mobile account online and see a convoluted letter which doesn't make sense.

Can someone please help? It appears my Virgin mobile number has been deactivated without my knowledge. Can someone please check it and reactivate it if necessary?

6 REPLIES 6

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @thompa, can you please advise me if your phone number was on a Pay As You Go tariff, or if this is a pay monthly contract?

Virgin Media has taken the business decision to close down the Pay As You Go earlier in the year and this may be the reason for the deactivation

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Pay as you go and phone number [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

My mistake - we were on 'Pay as you go' - but now we are on a monthly contract.

Thanks for coming back to me

Are you currently able to make and receive calls and sent SMS messages on the sim card you're using?

Are you also able to use the data services?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

No... cannot send text messages - just tried.

Still out of the Country in the USA.

I tried texting 'ALL' to 789922 and received the message ' we don't recognise your device settings'

I don't want to make a long distance call. Can you sort it out with me calling?

Thanks in anticipation.

Allan

Thanks for coming back to us @thompa, I can see that a sim card has been sent out to you and that is currently showing as pending.

The new sim would need to be activated in the UK and sent out to you in America, this would be the only way for your services to be activated again.

Regards,

Steven_L