cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Use for local landline number - calls to Belgium

ayubmh
Tuning in

Hi All,

In my recent bill, I have an Extra Use charge for x2 phone calls with the type "International call to Belgium". The telephone number is 00321494xxxxxx. The telephone number following the international code is a local 01494 landline number for a local company I called. I dialled from my Contacts list in my phone and the number is saved as 01494xxxxxx and there's no way I called Belgium. Any advice before I call up Customer Services to query?

Thanks,

H

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

iPhone?

Sadly, common problem. The following should stop it happening again

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" is selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National 

You may have to restart the phone.

Virgin owe you a refund.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

iPhone?

Sadly, common problem. The following should stop it happening again

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" is selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National 

You may have to restart the phone.

Virgin owe you a refund.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I don’t know how you know this, but you’re a genius. I’ll get in touch with Virgin media to get a refund. Thanks for your help!

H

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ayubmh, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you've been billed for international calls incorrectly, I'm happy to hear that Enlli's suggestion sort it out. In case you still need help arranging the refund I will get in touch via PM - just look out for the purple envelope and we'll take it from there.

Tom

Thanks Tom, looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for coming back to us @ayubmh.

I can take a look into this further, if you haven't yet got the private message from Tom.

Would you like me to look into this for you today?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven, 

Yes please, can you let me know if you need any information from me?

Thanks,

H

Hi ayubmh,  I've sent you a private message to confirm your mobile account details.