cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended my TV/broadband contract only to have SIM cancelled

theboyroy
Tuning in

My TV/broadband/phone/mobile combined Virgin Media contract was expiring next month. As part of that I get a data SIM through Virgin Mobile.

I rang on 11 January to renegotiate and got a great deal. I wanted exactly the same services plus extra broadband speed.

Shortly after I received emails from o2 and a SIM card in the post for a new number - not asked for.

Today I've received an email from Virgin Mobile cancelling my existing SIM in 30 days.

I've looked online and tried to request a PAC from the Virgin Mobile phone but text reply said not possible, cancellation order had already gone through - so I was to ring Virgin Media.

Calls to Virgin Media just result in hold music for many minutes - the automated whatsapp service does not respond in a timely manner either.

Any suggestions? At the moment it seems impossible to contact Virgin Media or Virgin Mobile to tell them I never requested the existing SIM be cancelled. And I don't want the hassle of swapping to a new number. Particularly when it isn't possible via PAC...

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @theboyroy

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you have not been able to get help with this issue.

It's something I'd like to help you with so I am going to send you a PM.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Dbuchan1995
Joining in

I am having the same problem after having my contract renewed. When I requested my PAC code, I was told my sim was being cancelled, despite being told

Sorry to hear this @Dbuchan1995, and a very warm welcome to you!

I'd be happy to look into this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks to Nathan who has helped me out with a PAC code.

Anyone having trouble with this or other problems - from my experience of phoning, whatsapp, and other ways to contact Virgin Media - this forum is definitely the quickest and the best 🙂

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @theboyroy

Thank you so much for letting us know and were so happy that Nathan has been able to help! I will let him know!

Please don't hesitate to reach out via the forum again should you need any assistance.

Thank you.