cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend ring time before answerphone kicks in

timo91
Up to speed

As per the title. I have a Virgin sim and I want to extend the time it rings for before it goes to answerphone, as it is currently only about three rings.

The Help page here tells you how to do it:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-voicemail

But inputting the correct code (the post-2017 code) results in an error: "Connection problem or invalid MMI code".

Any ideas?

40 REPLIES 40

Hi Gareth,

this starts MMI, but on several attempts comes back with

call forwarding

connection problem or invalid MMI code

(I had mobile data access switched on)

thanks, C

Hi @chrissie1,

I do apologise, but would you mind expanding on and clarifying what you mean exactly? Were you unable to extend the ring time?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, yes, totally unable to extend ring time. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Chrissie1,

I am sorry to hear this if the following does not help or extend your ring we are unable to do so and you will need to call our team on 0345 600 0789 .

To extend the ring time to 30 seconds, first enter this code into your phone: **61*+447953222222**30#. Next, press the call or answer key - your phone will do the rest.

If you’ve had a new SIM since December 2017

To extend the ring time to 30 seconds, first enter this code into your phone: **61*+447458333222*11*30#. Next, press the call or answer key - your phone will do the rest.

You can alter this to ring for 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 seconds by replacing **30# with your choice of seconds. E.g. enter **15# if you want it to ring for 15 seconds. The most you can extend it to is 30 seconds.

Zoie

I am still attempting to increase ring time of phone from less than 14 seconds to 30 seconds.

I have tried the codes below many many times. The code **61*+447458333222*11*30# results in a message saying ‘call forwarding when no reply registration was successful. But the ring time does not increase.

I got a new SIM card last year and I still get the same result.

today I switched off voicemail, expecting it to continue to ring, but it is the same! 
I tried the code again several  times after doing this and still no change.

Please can you help. I miss answering the phone many times and just don’t know what I can do next.

thank you

Hi chrissie1, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that this is not working for you after completing the steps. 

There may be one or two things we can try however we will need to confirm your details and pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried switching down to 2G only when sending the code. Seems it often fails over 3G and 4G

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for suggestion. Tried 2g and unfortunately still get same message and no change in ring time.

Hi chrissie1, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this via private message. 

We have made some subtle changes here to try and resolve this for you. Can you try doing a test call from another line to your mobile to see if the ringing lasts longer? 

If it doesn't try the above steps again and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,
This worked, rang for more 60 seconds! Now I am wondering whether I can use the code to reduce it to 30, and switch voicemail back on? Thanks for your help.
Christine