cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim on Galaxy Watch Advice.

jace1969
On our wavelength

This is just for advice.

I have a Galaxy Watch linked to my oneplus 8 pro or my Galaxy S20 plus.

My watch can take Esim but how does this work as i have a £10 sim only deal on my phone.

1 st........Can i link the phone number to my Esim so both work off the same as its poinless if i cant as i have had my mobile number for years and people wont know a new Esim number as i have loads of contacts.

2nd........Can you link the Esim to the same account i have now say you pay a small amount and have them both working at the same time with the monthly payment.

......If the 1st isnt possable in any way i just dont see the point as i will still miss calls/text/notifications if i do forget my phone or want to leave it somewhere while i pop out quick.

Like i said its mainly for advice as i have had the watch for a few years.

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

At the moment Virgin eSIMs are for phones only. Support has to be added for watches and other devices.

Basically an eSIM in the watch will have its own number. However when once paired with a phone it takes on that phone's identity. 

I'm with Vodafone and they use their One Number service. I have our Alexa device linked in to make calls. No doubt watch supporting networks do similar.

This link may be useful. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/onenumber

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jace1969
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply.

When you say linked do you mean Bluetooth as i already have it linked or GPS but the phone needs to be in range as i have it set up for the calls/text etc as well as the Health app.

I just wanted to see if there is anyway linking it up to the same number so being say i went into a shop or something and left car in the phone i can still get an alert or call,as you say ther run off another number,i should say you could set up Divert so when it rings and dont answer it it will divert to the watch number but then again its just yet another bill each month and you say virgin dont do it and as virgin uses Vodafone now as i have checked as i get 5G i only want the one phone contract.

Thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Companion devices are not supported for Virgin Mobiles eSIM at the moment. It will only work on a phone.

Any Smartwatches will need the Bluetooth or WiFi connection to work for your Virgin Mobile number.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When I say linked any calls via your watch will appear to come from your phones number and not the number of your SIM in the device. Incoming will divert to your device when the phone is off.

Undoubtedly there will be a charge for this service. I think Vodafone is £7 per month.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks