cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim not working!!!

Gecko3
Joining in

Had an Esim for that past little bit, received a couple of texts saying it needed to be replaced with a new Esim, eventually got the code through the email, however it's not working, I keep getting an error saying its not provisioned. On the website its still saying I need to download it. I have tried everything,  resetting phone etc. I NEED access to this number for a lot of 2Fa on other accounts. 

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Gecko3

Sorry to hear of the eSim problem, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We launched and provided eSIMs for customers from June 28th 2021 though this has been mostly discontinued from August 26th 2021. Due to this brief window, you will find that some customers will currently have and use eSIMs. 

We must only offer physical SIM cards going forward to customers, regardless of whether their handset is eSIM compatible or not. If a customer is adamant that they want an eSIM, they must speak with Telesales to discuss further where it can only be offered as a SIMO for compatible devices. They can be contacted on 0800 052 0238.

Rob

You seem to have misunderstood my issue, I was offered an Esim, I got an Esim,which was working perfectly,

Then I got a message saying I needed a NEW ESIM,they sent me a QR code for a new Esim which DID NOT work.

Even now, after ordering a replacement normal sim, it still shows on my account that I CAN swap for an Esim.

Virgin need to get there rubbish network together,  and stop offering services they can't supply. 

I see a fair few customer having the same issues, and getting the same replies. Not once was I contacted saying virgin are ending Esim support. No email, no text, no message on my account.  Just same old story, repeated. 

Hi Gecko3, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. We will certainly pass on your feedback to the relevant teams. 

If once you receive the physical SIM you are still having issues, pop back and let us know as we will be able to support you with that. 

We're not able to help when it comes to eSIM's though due to recent changes as mentioned by Rob above. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs