cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 28

Mathew1980
Joining in

My mobile phone not sending texts or letting me use mobile data... Saying can't send message with virgin error 28...

4 REPLIES 4

Corey_C

Hi Mathew1980,

Thanks for your post and reaching out the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that you have been having issues send SMS and using mobile data. How has the service been since your post? Is the phone showing connected to the network with bars and mobile data icon? Try having a look at our mobile troubleshooter guide here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/fix-an-issue

Thanks,

Corey C

brand new phone only had 2 months, now has the dreaded "error 28" fault when trying to use mobile data, 1 number i can text is my partner thankfully, my freind on same network as partner will not text. luckily i dnt do much texting.
is this a fixable issue your end or a new device solution. wont pay for somthing if not usable like binding contract states....

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Never seen it myself but there seems to be plenty on Google about it across all networks.

Can only suggest you try the different fixes found there

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @skdz04,

Welcome to the community, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry about your current error on your phone, please can you try clicking here to following our steps on how to fix mobile text issues? 

Please let me know how that goes.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide