cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 28 no data

Richardholloway
Joining in

Hi there, I lost my phone a little bit ago I ordered a replacement sim and plugged it into my new phone and I'm unable to send text messages, make calls or connect to mobile data. I receive error code 28 when I try text somebody can anyone help? 

12 REPLIES 12

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Richardholloway,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your replacement SIM after looking your original one. It's possible that either your new SIM has not been activated yet. Have you been able to follow the instructions that came with the SIM with steps on how to activate it?

If you have, have you been able to try your new SIM in a different handset to see if you're still having issues?

Thanks

Beth

Hi, yes I've tried it in two devices and I've followed the instructions best I can, I never got asked for s pin or received an activation text 

Just to confirm @Richardholloway, is this how you have been activating the sim? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/activate-sim

If so, what happens when you try to use your services? Do you get an error message of any kind?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes I followed them instructions and I can receive texts and calls but I can't send them. If I try call I get a message saying calls to this number can not be connected and if I try text it says error 28

Are you able to let me know what device you currently have? Also, is the error code followed by any message? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Yep the device is a Google pixel 4xl and I don't get any other messages no 

Please try the following link and let me know if it helps? https://devicesupport.virginmedia.com/customer/device/Google/GenericAndroidDevice/scenario/change-th...

Also, please try enabling and disabling airplane mode to see if the issue persists?

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

i followed  the link and tried airplane mode and my phone still cant connect to mobile data or send texts or calls. when i try call out it says calls to this number are not currently being connected and to call 789 for help

Hi Richard, thank you for getting back to us. 

If you go into the network settings on your handset ( Network and Internet And then SIMsAnd then Available mobile network settings) is your mobile data showing as turned on or off? 

What is showing in your 'Network' and 'Preferred network' settings? Are you showing as Virgin Mobile, and are all types of preferred network showing? (2g-5g)

All the best. 

Molly