cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending of Pay As You Go

dandecay
On our wavelength

Please can somebody inform me exactly WHEN I will no longer be able to use my PAYG sim card. I keep getting conflicting dates from the different Virgin agents that I speak to, not to mention the dates mentioned in newspaper articles. Do different people have different dates when their PAYG services will be terminated as Virgin stops this service. I do not feel that Virgin are handling this very well. I was told it would be in January 2022 but then today a rep told me it would be in October!

So, Virgin, please may i have an answer - I am currently using my PAYG in the USA.

Thanks

79 REPLIES 79

Hi @ernie2009.

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for getting in touch with us regarding this.

Just to confirm, are you able to make calls or receive calls on the sim? Also when you last spoke to our team, what was discussed? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

when i spoke with the team it was about getting a refund on credit left on payg account which has been done. havnt tried calling out but definatly still works for incoming calls. as allready stated the texts i got stated payg would end 11.1.22. now i just thought as was yesterday the sim would be shut down but definatly is not.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ernie2009 wrote:

when i spoke with the team it was about getting a refund on credit left on payg account which has been done. havnt tried calling out but definatly still works for incoming calls. as allready stated the texts i got stated payg would end 11.1.22. now i just thought as was yesterday the sim would be shut down but definatly is not.

Incoming calls only until the 18th I have been reliably informed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ernie2009  You may well find that the sim is now blocked from making outbound calls but will continue to receive calls for a few days grace period.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thank you for letting me know @ernie2009

The sim should not be able to receive calls at this point. Just to confirm have you tried rebooting your device to see if it is still active? If so, please get in contact with our mobile team on 0345 600 0789  who can further assist regarding this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

i turn the phone off eac and every night and can assure you its still live. the 2 posters who i thank very much have answered my queerie now so hope the sim dies very soon. im not concerned as ive now changed my phone and payg provider i was amore amused by i had about 5 texts over the past month saying payg was ending and now its still live for incoming calls.

further to my last and ringing virgin media or mobile ive just given up doing that as on the 27th dec 2021 i rang virgin media 11 times about shutting down my old email and the first call was 47 minutes long where i was assured the email was being shut down. now after all those calls the email is still live and i still get emails from virgin media saying ring them and they will sort it. (sorry to go off track a wee bit here )

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to clear things up. This is a copy of the official communication I had from Virgin

We will be adding a one way bar (Outgoing) to their accounts, meaning that they will no longer be able to make any outgoing activity from the sim card. This one way bar will remain in place until the 18th January. As we have only added a one way bar, the customer will remain active on our system, meaning up to the 18th January our people can unbar the account and discuss/action a move to Pay Monthly, a refund or a PAC.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

good luck with ringing 03456000789 response times much higher than usual ! Nothing is easy here.

Thank you for letting me know @ernie2009 and sorry for the confusion.

As mentioned by @Graham_A, although the sim is not now blocked for outbound calls, there is still a grace period for inbound calls.

In regards to your email issue, I am aware there has been an IT ticket raised for you in regards to this. My colleague will aim to get back to you as soon as possible with an update once they hear back from our team.

Thank you again for your patience,

Akua_A
Forum Team