cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending of Pay As You Go

dandecay
On our wavelength

Please can somebody inform me exactly WHEN I will no longer be able to use my PAYG sim card. I keep getting conflicting dates from the different Virgin agents that I speak to, not to mention the dates mentioned in newspaper articles. Do different people have different dates when their PAYG services will be terminated as Virgin stops this service. I do not feel that Virgin are handling this very well. I was told it would be in January 2022 but then today a rep told me it would be in October!

So, Virgin, please may i have an answer - I am currently using my PAYG in the USA.

Thanks

79 REPLIES 79

Hi soontobegone

Thanks for posting. Please can you post back on your own thread as it keeps things easier 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Easier ? Is that word in the dictionary here ?

So I have received a text from Tesco Mobile, the network I am porting to, saying that my number will be moved over by 6pm on 11th January.

So it won't go through on Monday the 10th as mentioned above.

The question still therefore stands, will the port still proceed if Virgin Mobile PAYG service is shut down on the 11th?

What time will the shutdown of the Virgin Mobile PAYG service happen on 11th January and why isn't this information published anywhere?

Hi @keystone, thanks for getting back to us.

If your number port is scheduled for 11th, please don't worry.  That should go across fine.  You have a week to do so from when the service terminates.  You won't be able to use your SIM to make calls etc from the end date, though.  I hope this reassures you.

Regards

Lee_R

Yes, thank you, that's fine.  I'll post back on Tuesday to confirm it went through correctly, with hopefully a successful port outcome.

That's great @keystone.  

I hope you have the very best of luck for the future.  And please do let us know the outcome.

Regards

Lee_R

The irony of all ironies. Yesterday, based on being a long term customer (20 years) I recceived a customer survey from Virgin Media asking me to rate the service I receive and would I recommend it to friends. The day before that service ceases and after five days of trying to establish a network connection, when I had no connection problems over the previous twenty years. You will not be surprised that my response to the survey contained a spice of sarcasm and some degree of incredulity. I leave after failing to get through to customer services and therefore to set up a refund of my PAYG credit balance and not obtained a PAC code. More concerned about the principle of ending a service and then retaining credit balances than missing out on the PAC as after the frustration of the last fives I have decided to risk going without an emergency/administrative mobile phone for a while..

To the moderator who said "post on your own thread" if you go back on this one you will see this was my thread for a while !

My port went through eventually. So after almost 20 years, goodbye Virgin Mobile.

Glad to hear this @keystone.

We are sad to see you go but we wish you all the best for the future.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

i got a text wks ago saying payg was eding and was given the date 11.1.22 so sorted my refund but on checking today my phone/sim is still live .