cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending of Pay As You Go

dandecay
On our wavelength

Please can somebody inform me exactly WHEN I will no longer be able to use my PAYG sim card. I keep getting conflicting dates from the different Virgin agents that I speak to, not to mention the dates mentioned in newspaper articles. Do different people have different dates when their PAYG services will be terminated as Virgin stops this service. I do not feel that Virgin are handling this very well. I was told it would be in January 2022 but then today a rep told me it would be in October!

So, Virgin, please may i have an answer - I am currently using my PAYG in the USA.

Thanks

79 REPLIES 79

Hi @soontobegone,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some service issues with your PAYG number. It's correct that the closure isn't for a few more days yet, so I can assure you it won't have been deactivated early as part of that.

Are you continuing to have these issues today? If so, is this wherever you go? Have you carried out any troubleshooting or diagnostics yet?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

Thanks for responding. I have had the phone and virgin PAYG sim for twenty years and have never had a problem connecting to the network. I do have a credit balance. As I have not had a problem before I have no idea what troubleshooting things there are.

re. "wherever you go" all my calls are made from home as I am in self lockdown.

Hi @soontobegone,

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly on this. Does any signal appear on the top of your screen?

Can you also confirm what model of handset you're using?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

just managed to log in.

tried ringing 789 which I have never rung before and no connection.

Hi @soontobegone,

Can you confirm if signal is appearing on the top of your screen along with what model of handset you're using, please?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

connected now. As you can deduct from my having my phone/sim for twenty years my phone is a museum piece i.e. Siemens A 50 🙂

Just tried ringing my landline that does not connect either.

Hi @soontobegone,

What happens when you call someone? Does it drop automatically? Do you get an error message?

Are you also unable to send a text message?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team