cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending of Pay As You Go

dandecay
On our wavelength

Please can somebody inform me exactly WHEN I will no longer be able to use my PAYG sim card. I keep getting conflicting dates from the different Virgin agents that I speak to, not to mention the dates mentioned in newspaper articles. Do different people have different dates when their PAYG services will be terminated as Virgin stops this service. I do not feel that Virgin are handling this very well. I was told it would be in January 2022 but then today a rep told me it would be in October!

So, Virgin, please may i have an answer - I am currently using my PAYG in the USA.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dandecay

Just to confirm, the date: 1st October 2021 relates to a different change to our mobile service. It is regarding the update to your network services that is required so you can use your mobile while travelling outside of the UK.

You will receive a text from us stating when your PAYG closure date will be asap.

Hope that clarifies things 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

79 REPLIES 79

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From the Websute

Our Pay As You Go service will be ending from October 2021 to January 2022 – we’ll be in touch to let you know the exact date your Pay As You Go SIM will stop working.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-pay-as-you-closing

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

dandecay
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply.

I do hope that I do receive a communication, in time, from Virgin advising me of a date so that I can make alternative arrangements.

Hi there @dandecay 

Thank you so much for your post and I'm so sorry to see you are affected by the PAYG closure. 

The information given by @enlli is correct and we will contact customers to advise of the closure date. You can read more about this in the link provided by the community. 

Thanks again. 

Thank you for confirming this, Ashleigh.

Will I get an email or a text or both telling me exactly when my closure date will be.

I did receive this from Virgin:

"We recently tried to update your network services so you can use your mobile while travelling outside of the UK, but unfortunately it didn’t work. This might be because your phone was switched off when we sent the update to your SIM.

We’ve tried sending you a text so you can order a new SIM, but we haven’t had a reply. So you know, if you plan to travel abroad without an updated SIM, your roaming services will no longer work from 1st October 2021".

I now have a new sim and it works. But, I am not sure if the message that Virgin sent me implied that 1st October would be my actual cut off date, even with the "updated" Sim.

Please advise me if this is the date or if I will receive a message from Virgin giving me an exact date when my PAYG will end.

Thank you for your help.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
That's a separate change that affects all Virgin Mobile customers. You'll get another communication with the date your Pay As Your Go service will end.

Although that end date doesn't stop you making alternative arrangements before then if it fits better with plans you have - the end date is the last point you need to make arrangements by.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dandecay

Just to confirm, the date: 1st October 2021 relates to a different change to our mobile service. It is regarding the update to your network services that is required so you can use your mobile while travelling outside of the UK.

You will receive a text from us stating when your PAYG closure date will be asap.

Hope that clarifies things 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena

dandecay
On our wavelength

Yes it does, Serena.

Thank you.

dandecay
On our wavelength

It is now October and I still have not received a text advising me when my PAYG service will end. How can I find out now exactly when my PAYG will end?

Thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dandecay wrote:

It is now October and I still have not received a text advising me when my PAYG service will end. How can I find out now exactly when my PAYG will end?

Thanks

Neither have I, but you can jump ship any time you like (number ports to other networks are next working day now). Some are even getting refunds of any remaining credit. Not all customers will see their service end immediately. Some got 90 days notice texts a few months ago & have already had services terminated. I believe the service will not finally close until the end of January 2022.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks