cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency calls only

Bluewal67
Joining in

Wednesday this week I had to travel to Ireland (for a funeral), I returned Friday evening. The whole time there I could make calls, receive or make sms, couldn't use Internet. My phone was switched on to mobile data. My family had no issues with their phones.

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bluewal67,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear about your loss and also while in Ireland you didn't have full use of your Mobile phone in regards to Roaming.

Before you left the UK did you make sure all Roaming was active on your Virgin Mobile Online Account?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul.

Thank you for your speedy response.

Yes, my account was set to 'roaming'

Regards

How long have you had your current Sim card?

Regards

Paul.

Around 10 months.

Hi @Bluewal67 thanks for your reply.

It's unclear why the data wasn't working for you this time unfortunately, but please follow these steps (depending on your handset) next time around to ensure this works:
For Android: Select Apps from the Home Screen, Select SIM Toolkit Icon, Select Roaming, Select Select Mode, Select Manual, Select International-you are done, go back to Home Screen

To Switch back when in the UK: Select Apps from screen, Select Virgin SIM Toolkit Icon, Select Roaming, Select Select Mode, Select Automatic and go back to Home Screen

For iOS: Select Settings from the Home Screen, Select Phone Icon, Select SIM Applications, Select Roaming, Select Select mode, Select Manual, Select International and you are done, go back Home screen to retry.

Many thanks

Tom_W