cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency calls only.

Bantamdave
Tuning in

OK, last Sunday, sim card stopped working on my phone, stating emergency calls only. 

Since then, I have spoke to customer service, had my account refreshed to no avail and a new SIM card ordered. 

New sim card has not worked with phone still showing emergency calls only. 

I have tried my virgin sim in another phone, again emergency calls only. 

Using a Vodafone sim in my phone, (which shows emergency calls only with Virgin SIM), this sim worked immediately and I could make a call.

Help, advice required. 

Dave 

17 REPLIES 17

Exact same issues as previous sim card. As I say, I was informed in the letter that no activation would be required.

Thanks 

Hi Anankha.

Tried rebooting phone after replacing SIM. To no avail. 

The sim also fails to perform any other actions than emergency calls only within my sons phone, which is a samsung galaxy a7. 

I wonder if the sim has been blocked or somehow removed from a monthly account to PaYG.
If it doesn’t work in another phone then it’s certainly the sim or something wrong on your account.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

I can see that one member of the mod team has posted replies to other issues portrayed on this board, since this post was last discussed . This being Emma_c....

Is their any chance that a member of the mod team could look into this issue for myself with some urgency? 

According to its website, Virgin Media offers customers an automatic compensation scheme which automatically credits your bill or phone line if you experience a qualifying service issue.

It says the company will compensate customers £8 per day for a total loss of service after two full days from registering the loss of service.

I wish I could escalate the problem to the admin team for you but I can’t so you’ll have to await them seeing this thread.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Bantamdave

Sorry to hear about the sim issues 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

I have exactly the same problem. Tried to contact customer support via chat but waited long time (4 hours) with no answer 😞 I would appreciate someone posting the solution here.

Hi @RaimondaB,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your mobile service lately. Can you please expand on what the problem is along with what you've done thus far in an effort to remedy it?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!