cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency Alert today at 15:00hrs

paperclip
Well-informed

Did anyone on either virgin mobile or o2 not receive the emergency alert today?

I was on 4g mobile data at the time but I didn't get any alert or notification. 

My partner who I was with also has a virgin mobile sim and she received the alert. 

4 REPLIES 4

ozsat
Superstar

Nothing here on an O2 SIM or the VirginMobile SIM (which is O2 network)

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I received it four times on my Virgin mobile between 3pm and 4.40pm. 

Edit: I should perhaps add that I was traveling around a bit during that time period although never more than 20 miles from home.  My phone just vibrated rather than making a siren sound.  I later discovered that in the wireless emergency alerts settings on my phone the sound was set to off, so that would explain the vibrations only.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Been reading online that the Three network had many users who didn't receive it either.

Hopefully Virgin mobile and 02 will inform whoever needs to know that it didn't go according to plan. 

Hi paperclip,

I didn’t receive the alert either, when I checked my phone (iPhone 7) I found that in Notifications/ Emergency Alerts the Extreme Alerts was on but the Severe Alerts was off, I’ve no idea why, I didn’t know that the settings existed. Screenshots of the Alert that I have seen show that it was a Severe Alert which explains the failure in my case.

Regards.

Dave