cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email App

LesleyB
On our wavelength

Hi. Only this last week have I discovered that the Email App that I have been using forever is no longer valid. I now access my ntlworld emails via safari - and only use that browser for my ntlworld address. So this morning, I wanted to send a photo from the phone to an email address - I just could not find how to do this after so many years of ease - as there is no email app! I had to send via Whatsapp which is not what I would usually wish to do - eg, if sending a photo to a company on email.  Can anyone talk me through how to do this as I do not have a clue. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @LesleyB,

You would need to send it via an email to the desired address as you were doing before. To do that you need to access your email account, either via a browser or via an email application, such as Google Mail, Apple Mail, etc.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @LesleyB,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

What model of handset do you have? You can use a third party mail client to access your email account via a phone app if you'd prefer.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

LesleyB
On our wavelength

Hi it is a Galaxy A2 5G

I just need someone to point out how you can send a photo, taken by camera, to your own or another person's email.

Thanks.

Hi @LesleyB,

You would need to send it via an email to the desired address as you were doing before. To do that you need to access your email account, either via a browser or via an email application, such as Google Mail, Apple Mail, etc.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

LesleyB
On our wavelength

Thank you. But it does not really help as I cannot see any browser app or virgin media app in the possible applications to share with. That is the problem.

Hi @LesleyB,

You'd need to do it directly via the app or browser itself. If you don't have an email client app currently then you'd need to download and install it, and set up your email account on it.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

LesleyB
On our wavelength

I have had the Virgin Email App on my phones, android or apple, since 2007. No problems whatsoever.

I had a problem with email last week and the Virgin advisor told me to uninstall the app and reinstall. I duly uninstalled and then - discovered that there now IS no app for virgin email anymore nor has there been for a while, although I was happily still using it. On my phone and ipad - I have to read emails either through the Myvirginmedia app - clunky. Or via an browser - and I have dedicated Safari app purely to view my ntlworld account emails on the phone and via Google Chrome on my ipad.

However, when wishing to share a photo from my phone, there are options for Messenger, Whatsapp, Gmail, Outlook - but no virgin email as no app exists but neither does the safari or myvirginmedia app appear in the list of more options.

Hi @LesleyB,

I completely understand. As advised, in order to send an image via email you would need to do so via a browser or via an email client app. If you wish to go via the app route and haven't downloaded one yet then you'll need to do that first and set it up.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Samsung have an email app on Play.

If you download that and set it up you will be good to go.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

LesleyB
On our wavelength

Huge thanks to Zach and Enlli.

After their suggestions, I went to Playstore. Searched for Samsung Email App and downloaded. I have tested with a photo and it works!

Not only that, I have my old familiar orange/red email logo as the app.

After several days of going via the cosmos to read emails on the go, it is as before.

Thank you both again.