cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU Data FUP Limit - Unlimited Data

ItsJamieLike
On our wavelength

Hello, 

Off abroad tomorrow to Sweden, I have an unlimited SIM but can't find anything clear on the roaming FUP Limit. 

I have called 789, the advisor told me a all the out of bundle call costs, then the free call costs... To the tell me that data is included. 

I challenged I don't think I get full unlimited data, to again I was told "Yes, you get totally unlimited data when you're abroad" .. 

Anyone know the cap? Don't want to eat my data in day one. I have seen in the past however can't find it a FUP calculator by you monthly payments.. my plan is about £16 a month with discounts  but my actual DD with my phone is close to £80. 

4 REPLIES 4

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ItsJamieLike,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Sweden sounds exciting! We hope you have a nice time travelling! 🙂

Sorry to hear that you're struggling to find some information about Roaming data limits. You can take a look at our Roaming Costs in Sweden and Roaming Data Abroad pages for more information about this.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello, 

Thanks for your response but I just would like a clear can I use 5GB of data or 500GB of data when I am away, and nothing appears to be clear at all on the website 🥺🥺. Just FUP applies. 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See the help page here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-roam-like-home

I’m having difficulty calculating my Fair Usage Policy data allowance. Please can you help?

Of course! The Fair Usage Policy data allowance is calculated by taking your monthly airtime cost (excluding VAT and any Freestyle loan amount), multiplying by 2 and then dividing by the current EU wholesale cap. The current data wholesale cap is included in our tariff tables.

To help you work out what your fair usage policy is, you can use our handy Fair Usage Policy calculator. Click here to open the calculator.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ItsJamieLike,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue.

Was the link @BenMcr provided able to help with your query? Please let us know and keep us updated if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs