cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESIM - Needs upgrade of plan?

ravian222
Joining in

A strange thing happened today. I have a sim-only plan with Virgin. I called in helpline to move to e-sim. I am told that it can only happen if I upgrade my plan to a pricier one. As they can only do it while upgrading.

This seems wrong on so many levels. To provide e-sim service, we are being asked to buy another service. Has anyone else faced same issue ? I have filed a customer complaint. Will be interesting to see if anything happens on back of it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ravian222, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the options provided for an eSIM. As enlli above I wasn't aware that they had started again either - and doing a search here I can't see any further update since it was announced they were being stopped back in August so possibly the member of staff you spoke to was mistaken.

Apologies for any confusion, I'll speak with my team and the mods and see if we can get clarification on this for you. 

Tom 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not sure where they are up to with ESIM as the facility was withdrawn for new users some time back.

When it was running you could do it via your online account and did not need to be a new customer.

I think someone is trying to get a commission for a sale!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ravian222, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the options provided for an eSIM. As enlli above I wasn't aware that they had started again either - and doing a search here I can't see any further update since it was announced they were being stopped back in August so possibly the member of staff you spoke to was mistaken.

Apologies for any confusion, I'll speak with my team and the mods and see if we can get clarification on this for you. 

Tom 

ravian222
Joining in

Thanks everyone for response. Customer service called back and tried to get me on e-sim. However, as it transpires, e-sim is actually not available. So they had to excuse and were apologetic about it.

Probably worth it for customer services to know if the service is available or not before they commit to customer to provide it(or not).

Thanks for the update @ravian222, and once again apologies for the confusion caused

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

MattD101
On our wavelength

hi all, 
I'm interested in using an eSIM on virgin mobile. I have a sim only deal and the option is there in my account.
However, I'm using a google pixel 6 pro and it's not listed as fully compatible. Reading around the subject here too, it looks like the service was used, then pulled, then reintroduced.

If I switch to an eSIM will this really screw up my VM sim only contract? it does not seem very certain at all.

The reason is that I like my VM deal but when I run out of data the boosters are TERRIBLE value for money. So I had planned to use a second sim with a decent data package to upgrade when needed, which isn't often but it is sometimes very handy indeed, especially if the network is poor or down in the area in which I'm located.

Hi there @MattD101 

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the forums! 

I'm very sorry but at this time we do not offer ESims. 

If you do have any questions at all about changing your deals then it would be best to call us on 0800 052 0238 to speak to our mobile sales team, as we are not able to handle sales via the forum.

Thank you.

That's unexpected because I have this option in my account. I haven't tried it yet, so I'm not sure if the process will follow through..

MattD101_0-1645023736482.png

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Appears they are back, but looks like the team here have not been informed.

They weren't informed when they were suspended either!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

MattD101
On our wavelength

I feel like I should just click the button to see what happens and report back!
For the good of the many...etc...