Tuning in
Message 21 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: EE’s 800 MHz frequency

@japitts wrote:

@Sam-7 wrote:
No,VM use only the 2600 MHz.

How sure of that are you?

Simple,I just asked VM customer service who told me their 4g frequency was 2600MHz.

I also used Asda sim and their 4g seems to be faster that VM 4g.

0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 22 of 36
Flag for a moderator

@Sam-7 wrote:

@japitts wrote:

@Sam-7 wrote:

Simple,I just asked VM customer service who told me their 4g frequency was 2600MHz.

Well fair enough, can't say as I'm surprised by any CS agent not being aware of all the technical facts. The current situation is.. EE's 1800Mhz (base layer), 2100Mhz (extra capacity layer, ex-3G) & 2600Mhz (extra capacity layer) are all available to all to use. The 800Mhz extra coverage layer (which is mainly useful deep indoors and in rural areas) is the one reserved for EE & BT-Mobile 4g-calling users.

0 Kudos
Sam-7
Tuning in
Message 23 of 36
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

@Sam-7 wrote:

@japitts wrote:

@Sam-7 wrote:

Well fair enough, can't say as I'm surprised by any CS agent not being aware of all the technical facts. The current situation is.. EE's 1800Mhz (base layer), 2100Mhz (extra capacity layer, ex-3G) & 2600Mhz (extra capacity layer) are all available to all to use. The 800Mhz extra coverage layer (which is mainly useful deep indoors and in rural areas) is the one reserved for EE & BT-Mobile 4g-calling users.

The person I spoke to at virgin media CS wasn't sure what their 4G frequency was,he had to ask somene else.After checking with another person he cofirmed their 4G was only 2600MHz.

0 Kudos
Magic_M
Superfast
Message 24 of 36
Flag for a moderator

@Sam-7 wrote:

The person I spoke to at virgin media CS wasn't sure what their 4G frequency was,he had to ask somene else.After checking with another person he cofirmed their 4G was only 2600MHz.

Yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock in it to be honest. It's good that they tried asking someone else, just a shame that the other person didn't know either.

Currently connected to 4g on band 3 (1800MHz)

---

Band 20 would (well, I'm told does!) certainly fill in some of the dead spots around here but can't say I feel hard done to as it is.

Sam-7
Tuning in
Message 25 of 36
Flag for a moderator

@Magic_M wrote:

@Sam-7 wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock in it to be honest. It's good that they tried asking someone else, just a shame that the other person didn't know either.

Currently connected to 4g on band 3 (1800MHz)

---

Band 20 would (well, I'm told does!) certainly fill in some of the dead spots around here but can't say I feel hard done to as it is.

I knew VM's 4G was only 2600MHz before I contacted them, I just wanted to make sure VM confirmed this in my recording of the call.

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 26 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I'm on lte band 3 (1800mhz).

Apps (on android) like lte discovery will report that sort of information. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 27 of 36
Flag for a moderator

There is no 2600MHz anywhere near me

Phone is on 1800MHz

japitts
Super solver
Message 28 of 36
Flag for a moderator

@Sam-7 wrote:

I knew VM's 4G was only 2600MHz before I contacted them, I just wanted to make sure VM confirmed this in my recording of the call.

As others have already pointed out... you knew (and it seems, know) incorrectly.

Sam-7
Tuning in
Message 29 of 36
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

@Sam-7 wrote:

As others have already pointed out... you knew (and it seems, know) incorrectly.

Pls,tell me how Im incorrect?

Oh,wait a minute...."others have already pointed this out"

0 Kudos
Sam-7
Tuning in
Message 30 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I know VM have access to 1800MHz but it doesn't mean I can get 1800MHz on my VM sim only deal.I also checked before I contacted CS that VM used 2600MHz.This was also confirmed by CS that they use 26MHz.So how is my information wrong?...(Unless CS lied to me,my information is correct).

Here is the scenario,I checked on the internet to see what VM's 4G frequency was,it stated 2600MHz.I then contact Virgin Media's CS,they confirm it was 2600MHz.My information is not incorrect.You check the internet and find out VM have access to 1800MHz (correction,having access to 1800MHz and customers receiving 1800MHz is two different options) when using the www.matt.qa/ee/ and VM coverage checker,yet you believe in your findings but not mine.You must work for VM,with all the rest of them who have posted on this thread who believe VM's 4G use 1800MHz frequency.

I am wise to companies and Government bodies putting employers on forums to try and convince customers otherwise.

0 Kudos