Menu
olisun
Up to speed
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

EE 800Mhz

Hi,

I have just got my PAC code from BT because BT (EE's) coverage is very patchy for me.

I cancelled my EE order because I thought I would save some money and also get some extra data with Virgin Mobile.

I can live with the 25mb dl cap but I wanted to check of the 800mhz frequency is available for Virgin Media customers?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: EE 800Mhz

Hi olisun

I've queried this with the team who have advised me we do provide coverage on the 800MHz in areas where it is available.

I hope this answers your question but if there are any issues please do let me know.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

olisun
Up to speed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Dave_B wrote:

Hi olisun

I've queried this with the team who have advised me we do provide coverage on the 800MHz in areas where it is available.

I hope this answers your question but if there are any issues please do let me know.

Dave

Based on your response I am opening the sim card now.

0 Kudos
NItram73
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Take GREAT care - I can't get any signal indoors because theres no 800mhz in my area.
Check on Ofcom's coverage map before you trust Virgin/EE's.
Or look at https://opensignal.com/ which may give you an even more detailed map.
0 Kudos
enlli
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's not what EE say. 

Also form EE. To avoid confusion, EE has also ‘blocked’ phones that cannot run with VoLTE from detecting the 800MHz frequency, to avoid any confusion caused by bars displaying on the handset, while being unable to make phone calls.

0 Kudos
caravanj
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

According to Techradar, EE says it will allow full MVNOs to use 800MHz at some point, & Virgin say they will offer it 'in the future' so has the 'future' arrived?.

The EE coverage checker says we're in a Superfast Internet area, but only with an EE 4G plan so MVNOs do not offer everything the EE offer.

SUPERFAST INTERNET
For super quick email, browsing and downloading when you are out and about. To use 4G, you'll need a 4G-ready phone and a 4GEE plan.
Available only on 4GEE plans.

http://www.techradar.com/news/exclusive-ee-mvnos-miss-out-on-800mhz-switch-on

0 Kudos
enlli
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well we don't know what was in the deal, nor do we know if EE have since opened up 800Mhz to those customers without VoLTE

0 Kudos
caravanj
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

enlli wrote:

Well we don't know what was in the deal, nor do we know if EE have since opened up 800Mhz to those customers without VoLTE

Exactly, promises & future projections don't pull in a 4G signal.

0 Kudos