cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EC-999 mobile number not working for texts or calls

theogster1
Joining in

Hi all, I recently changed my contract to drop my broadband down, and drop my VM loyalty SIM card to pay and go...

I specifically asked about my mobile number as it's important, and was assured more than once that I would keep the number and it would just convert to pay as you go..

Came to use it today and I can't send or receive texts or receive calls, this is a big problem for me since I'm disabled and my various hospital contacts etc have my VM number..

The only info I have, is that when I try to log into VM I can access the broadband section but my mobile section gives my number, but says unavailable, with error code EC-9999

Any help greatly appreciated... 

15 REPLIES 15

Doctordidge
Joining in

Hi 

I received a text saying I have hit my spending cap which will reset on the next refresh.  When I log on and click 'No extra spend' I get this error message.  I have 8.86GB left of 10GB data, unlimited texts [no photos sent] and unlimited minutes so assume it is a system glitch.VM EC9999.PNG

Hey @Doctordidge
Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your mobile data allowances, I can see in the background that you haven't gone over your data allowances for the month. 

Are you able to share a screenshot of the message that was sent to you? Also, how many of these messages, have you received?

Regards,

Steven_L 

I wouldn't expect any real help, mine was just deactivated despite being consistently told it would be fine, 

Total shower of the proverbial p#ss....utterly useless with ethics at Boris Johnson levels ....

0F4E8E5E-D6BC-49C6-B1E6-557B3A9641C5.jpeg

Only received this text once

Thank you for keeping us updated with this. I would like to look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm some details.

^Martin