cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EC-999 mobile number not working for texts or calls

theogster1
Joining in

Hi all, I recently changed my contract to drop my broadband down, and drop my VM loyalty SIM card to pay and go...

I specifically asked about my mobile number as it's important, and was assured more than once that I would keep the number and it would just convert to pay as you go..

Came to use it today and I can't send or receive texts or receive calls, this is a big problem for me since I'm disabled and my various hospital contacts etc have my VM number..

The only info I have, is that when I try to log into VM I can access the broadband section but my mobile section gives my number, but says unavailable, with error code EC-9999

Any help greatly appreciated... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello theogster1

Thanks for your post 
Sorry to hear about the issue with your Sim card 
I can look into this for you 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello theogster1

Thanks for your post 
Sorry to hear about the issue with your Sim card 
I can look into this for you 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Already causing me problems, just travelled 15 miles for a hospital appointment (lung scan) only to be told upon arrival the appointment had been cancelled due to one of the staff testing positive for COVID, 

They tried to ring and let me know but my number wasn't recognised....

Not good guys, I only stayed with VM by the skin of their teeth, there have been problems at every turn, and every time I have to deal with something it gets messed up severely, to the point where I have cancelled multiple times due to the customer service etc... I was convinced to stay, and that "This time" everything would be fine....

Not good guys. Not good at all... And if you doubt the hassle I've had, or just think I'm in Karen mode, check back through the phone calls and web chats....

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm a bit concerned when in the first paragraph of your original post you said

"I recently changed my contract to drop my broadband down, and drop my VM loyalty SIM card to pay and go..."

Are you sure it is PAYG as Virgin ceased PAYG on the 11th of January this year?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I can only tell you that's what the operator told me, 

But it wouldn't surprise me if the information was incorrect.... 

TBH, I'm wishing I stuck to my guns and just cancelled, I really don't need this hassle... 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@enlli wrote:

I'm a bit concerned when in the first paragraph of your original post you said

"I recently changed my contract to drop my broadband down, and drop my VM loyalty SIM card to pay and go..."

Are you sure it is PAYG as Virgin ceased PAYG on the 11th of January this year?

Pay Monthly plans haven't been able to move to PAYG since November 2020 if I've got my timings right.

From that point, any closure that's not a PAC or STAC will deactivate the number along with stopping the monthly payments for the mobile plan.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Just got home after being out most of the day, and my broadband has also dropped to 50meg, should be 100meg....

Deffo time to bin bag this,   damn, I've been a customer since the cable/Bell days but this last year or so it's been utterly useless 😞 

Screenshot_2022-03-01-19-00-42-332_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.jpg

Meanwhile on Three mobile broadband....

Screenshot_2022-03-01-18-59-44-532_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.jpg

Just got a reply, the number has been deleted, 

Good job I wasn't relying on my phone for life and death stuff..

Oh wait..... 

Can't even call 150 from the phone to cancel my other services... Completely dead...

How did VM get like this, surely they can't stay in business with this level of incompetence.. I personally know at least 5 people that have cancelled recently due to the way they have been treated ? 

And I mean, if they can consistently lie to a disabled customer who absolutely relies on having a reliable phone for literally life and death stuff... Only to be told "sorry, it's been deleted" 

Horrific.....

Hello theogster1

I have sent you a private message to arrange this for you 

Gareth_L