cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-sim

deviousiphone
Rising star

Hello, I am a bit fed up with the bug on iPhones where virgin sims keep making my phone default to Belgium mobile prefix's.

I have done the fixes of changing the number in the settings to an 07 format but randomly it keeps reverting back.

I saw online that I can request my service be provided by E-sim and I had hoped that removing the physical sim might resolve the problem permanently. I am however told I can't apply for it at the moment as there is an issue.

Any idea when I may be able to switch?

3 REPLIES 3

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
An eSIM wouldn't change that behaviour as far as I know, all that an eSIM does it change the physical bit of the phone that the SIM sits in.

The options you see online were part of the pilot that's now finished, however there isn't currently a date as to when eSIM will be re-introduced on Virgin Mobile.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks for the advice. Do they any fixes planned for this issue? I have never had this problem on other networks and it is quite frustrating they don't have a fix?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @deviousiphone

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

Sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. 

I have It is a prefix issue that you can change via the follow method 

Go to > settings > general > language and region >

and even though you have it set at the correct country/region (in my case the UK),

change it to the incorrect country/region that is coming up.

Then .change it again.to the correct country/region.

Regarding Esims as BenMcr has suggested we are not currently planning on rolling this out at the moment. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M