cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-SIM migration option

RR-IT-GUY
Rising star

Hi All,

I am considering swapping to an eSIM however I had a few questions before I do this.

1. will I be migrated from EE to Vodafone?
  2. how long does the process take?
  3. will the process upgrade to 5G support?
  4. if I reset my iPhone 12 can I redownload the profile at a later date?
  5. Is it possible to revert back to a traditional sim if I want to change to another phone?

eSIMeSIM

Many Thanks

RR-THE-IT-GUY

11 REPLIES 11

paulchambers061
Problem sorter

Didn't think virgin mobile UK did e Sims. Care to share the URL where you found that link?

Hello

Yes that is correct currently Virginmedia do not offer any form of E-SIM, it is not a service that Virginmedia have.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's the second enquiry I've seen today. Can't find a link though.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi sorry about the delay responding the link is

https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/plandeviceoverview

I haven't clicked on it as I don't want a change to be processed without me knowing.

You don't seem to be correct, let me show you

Screenshot 2021-07-02 173213.pngScreenshot 2021-07-02 173222.pngScreenshot 2021-07-02 173232.png

Nice find. When I upgrade my phone I'll have a look. Unfortunately I don't know the answers to your questions. I suspect it'll be vodafone if you do it.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Typical Virgin sliding things in via the backdoor, bet most of the team don't know about this.

Just to let you know i just braved it and it only took 5 mins and a restart, its good as it means i can get rid of one of my phones and have to sims in one
feel free to ask me any questions about it.