cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't get texts from Interactive Investor

mudshark
Tuning in

Since moving to Virgin Mobile texts sent from Interactive Investor don't get through to my phone - other text get through fine.  Are Virgin blocking these?  I've discussed with II and Virgin help desks but not getting anywhere.

34 REPLIES 34

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @mudshark

Can you please advise me if you know any other users of our network that also experience this issue?

As we're a virtual network operator, we cannot always guarantee that all text messages will be delivered to our customers

Have any text messages come through to you, albeit later than expected, from Interactive Investor? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Yes they tell me it's a problem they have with all Virgin Media phone users and no the texts never arrive.  I suggested they should discuss with VM but they don't see it as their problem.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, mudshark,

Are these automated SMS messages? If so, we can try resetting your mobile network settings to see if the messages will come through for you.

Cheers,

Corey C

They're automated for Two Factor authentification, given that II have many users could it be that they are considered to be spam so blocked?  As far as I can tell the texts come don't come from a phone number so is that relevant?

Thanks

Thanks for getting back to us mudshark,

We've raised this with the team to get it looked into, soon as we have any additional information we'll be in touch.

Alex_Rm

rjcb
Tuning in

I have the same problem. Interactive Investor told me it's a problem with Virgin Mobile but given this thread is a month old now, I seriously wonder whether something has been done to fix the problem.

P.S. My last verification text from ii was on 31-Aug-2021

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rjcb.

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us. 

I'm very sorry to hear you're also experiencing issues, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I'm going to chase this up for you to see if there have been any updates on this from the team. 

Once I hear, I'll pop another post on this thread. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there.

I've just chased this up for you, I've been advised this has been raised with the correct team, they're aware of the issue and still investigating the matter. 

Apologies I'm unable to provide any sort of solution at this time, as soon as we hear anything we'll update the thread. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Problems with Verification texts on Virgin have been hanging round for well over a year.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks