cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Virgin Mobile support Call Forwarding?

Ogunefon
Tuning in

Hi All,

Does Virgin Mobile support Call Forwarding?

I am trying to forward my calls to an 0208 number but the error "Unexpected response from network" comes up every time I attempt to do so.

I am currently abroad and calling customer services for support is out of the question as I will end up with a massive phone bill!

I will appreciate any help to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

27 REPLIES 27

HI 

n_s_simpson, we are sorry to hear that, we are always looking at improving the service and hopefully it will be available in the near future ^CW

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry for laughing but that was EXACTLY the same response that was being put out when I joined in 2013!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

How close is near future?

i need call forwarding as for most the day my mobile is not accessible.

Having signed up a few weeks ago I have just returned to the office to find I’m unable to forward to my desk phone. 

This is a ‘standard’ feature on other networks and I never imagined I would be unable to do this!!!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Actually with the exception of Giffgaff and I think ID Mobile most MNVO networks do not do call forwarding

I know friends on Voxi and Plus Net and 1p Mobile can't.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Having never been on an MNVO network I wouldn’t know this. I’ve been on Orange, Vodafone and o2 over the last 25 years - choosing a number to forward calls to seems pretty normal. 

Jokers! Cannot even provide a basic service every other company manages. So can’t wait to leave this contract and go back to EE or anyone else’s 

Well I just called Virgin's mobile team and apparently call forwarding will become available once our mobile number is transferred over to the Vodafone system.

There's a charge though of 58p per minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely this can't be right?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

But call forwarding is a function of the core network which Virgin own and won't change whoever handles the signal.

I'm not sure I understand your reply. This info came from VM along with the price per minute for call forwarding. Might be wrong but I'm moving back to EE.

Just got a shiny new Virgin 5G SIM on the Vodafone network. I just tried to set call forwarding up and can confirm that it doesn't work when you are on Vodafone. It's not something I thought about when ordering but it'll probably be a deal breaker for me as I'll have to stop using my 3rd party voicemail so looks like I'll have to stick with O2