cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Virgin Mobile support Call Forwarding?

Ogunefon
Tuning in

Hi All,

I am trying to forward my calls to an 0208 number but the error "Unexpected response from network" comes up every time I attempt to do so.

I am currently abroad and calling customer services for support is out of the question as I will end up with a massive phone bill!

I will appreciate any help to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, never have. Much asked for over the time I have been on this forum but I would say don't hold your breath.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Elaine01
On our wavelength

@Ogunefon wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to forward my calls to an 0208 number but the error "Unexpected response from network" comes up every time I attempt to do so.

I am currently abroad and calling customer services for support is out of the question as I will end up with a massive phone bill!

Thanks.

Hi @Ogunefon If you have voicemail can you not leave a message for people to call the 0208 number when they ring you. I dont know much about voicemail its just a idea.

Elaine

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

27 REPLIES 27

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, never have. Much asked for over the time I have been on this forum but I would say don't hold your breath.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks Enlli. Gathered as much from doing a web search but thought I'd post the question to be absolutely sure.

Elaine01
On our wavelength

@Ogunefon wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks.

Hi @Ogunefon If you have voicemail can you not leave a message for people to call the 0208 number when they ring you. I dont know much about voicemail its just a idea.

Elaine

Hi Elaine and thanks for reaching out. I thought of that too but unfortunately I am unable to access my voicemail from abroad. I also read somewhere that one would need to have set up a PIN number on the voicemail system to be able to retrieve messages remotely which I've not done.

Elaine01
On our wavelength

Not really as I've not set up a PIN on my v/mail.

This is very disappointing to hear. I've just joined, due to the unlimited data sim offer, and got 6 months left with O2 😟

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's not the only thing missing compared to O2.  Voice over LTE (4G) and Wifi Calling are not available either.

I can't believe this isn't available! We dial out on a business mobile phone so when people call back it diverts to the office number. This works perfectly with GiffGaff.

I can do this with EE so why isn't it possible with VM since they use the EE network?

I might have to cancel the SIM. What a pain.