cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgraceful service

Valentinas
Tuning in

I've been dealing with Virgin media as a victim of fraudulent use of contracts since October 2021 and I have to say that their customer service is absolutely awful. The word awful itself does not do justice.

On the 1st of October 2021, I have noticed on my bank statement that I have been charged three identical payments of 8£ by virgin mobile. This stood out to me right away as suspicious, so I went to my bank and completed a credit indemnification claim and have been reassured that these payments won't go through again. 

Considering the nature of the incident, I've started closely following my credit file and at no time noticed that there are three accounts on my name that I do not recognise. Called virgin media about it several times but all the line staff members were extremely incompetent and helpless. Numerous times I have been promised that I will receive a call back from their managers but never did. 

A few weeks in and no resolution from virgin, I've raised a dispute with the Equifax credit rating agency but they came back to me saying that the details from virgin are correct. Called virgin again, but to no avail, no resolution came out from our endless conversations.

Eventually, I have received a letter from Moorcraft Debt recovery services stating that they are to recover 50.46£ on behalf of virgin media. At this point, I had to look for further external help and reported the whole case to Action Fraud, with one of their agents reaffirming to me that Virgin are absolutely incompetent in dealing with these sort of cases.

I am also raising a complaint with a Financial Ombudsmen and as soon as all of this is sorted I will run as far away from virgin as I can, and tell everyone I know to do the same.

It is absolutely beyond my comprehension that I have to chase virgin for this when their security checks have been breached and their services have been used to victimise me. It should be the virgin media chasing after me and investigating what has happened, not the other way around.

PLEASE, RUN AWAY FROM VIRGIN IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR CREDIT RATING SAFE.

6 REPLIES 6

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Valentinas,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you have with your Mobile account. 

I have located your account on our side and would like to look into this. 

What I will do is private message you so we can look into this.

^Martin

Valentinas
Tuning in

Still an ongoing issue with no resolution in near-sight.

Very sorry to hear this, Valentinas.

It looks like you are currently in PM with a member of your team, who will be working with you to get things sorted.

Cheers,

Corey C

This still has not been resolved!!! I cannot believe how incompetent, inept and careless virgin is in dealing with this. My credit score is going down every month for something that I am not liable for. Only because Virgin's security checks have been breached and now they cannot resolve this for months. Last time when I spoke to the manager by the name Dee (ID number C7858995) she promised to give me weekly updates about the investigation. Guess what, no updates whatsoever. I received a call from another manager after spending an hour on the phone with the line staff and have been told that "this is like a murder investigation and it will take time." I am sorry, what?? How can you even make such a comparison? At this point, my patience has been absolutely exhausted and I am taking this to CISAS hoping that they will be able to help me.

Hi Velantinas, 

Thanks for your post and update on how things are going. I can only apologise that you're no further along on this. 

Taking a look at our systems, I can see that the relevant forms have been filled in and this has gone over to our fraud teams. They are looking in to this and will then feedback to the account and the manager dealing with this their findings. 

We do understand the frustration but as this is being actively looked in to, we're not going to be able to jump in too as this can end up delaying things. 

Once the fraud team have completed their investigations, if found to be fraud then the team will make sure the accounts are removed and anything on your credit file will also be updated/removed. 

Hopefully things will be sorted sooner rather than later for you but once again we apologise for any delay. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Half a year has gone by and two accounts are still showing active on my credit report and no updates whatsoever from VirginMedia team. Same appalling service as it has been from the very start of this never ending nightmare.