cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrimination

KMulligan1982
Joining in

Why is it so difficult for a deaf person to access any sort of support?

you’ve never sent an credit agreement for a mobile phone loan, when trying to access support you mostly push for telephone contact which I cannot do. Relay doesn’t work and my only option is via complaints procedure. Then when you respond to complaint you ask for a telephone password that I could never of provided because I can’t phone. Then when I responded to that email with other information requested, I got a response saying you don’t respond to replies!

I know mobile phone companies deliberately make it difficult to cancel/move on but to deliberately block my access to any form of support takes the mick. 2 complaints submitted and I am now contacting ombudsman on discrimination grounds.

3 REPLIES 3

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi KMulligan1982,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Very sorry to hear of the experience you've had and the difficulties in getting in touch. You can find all associability options available here

What issues are you experiencing with the text relay service?

Can you please confirm what it is you need help with and we'll do our best to assist.

Alex_Rm

I just want my credit agreement sending to me! Tried to contact via email/complaints path but when they email back asking for security details and when you reply they send a bounce back email saying “we do not respond to this mailbox”! I mean clearly that is a massive oversight. Just going to keep submitting complaints until someone sends me my credit agreement via email. Ombudsman is now involved. None of your contact methods for deaf people are viable and deliberately designed to lock me into an indefinative loop of non service 

I'm sorry you feel this way @KMulligan1982

We can certainly look at our side to see if we can get your credit agreement resent for you. We'll need to ask a few questions to pass account security and confirm your contact. Please join me on private message so we can locate the account and go through the questions for you privately.  You can see you private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley