cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dial assist problem

NURUDEEN
Joining in

Hi Community,

I noticed recently that my sim card suddenly could not dial out UK numbers, not sure if it can dial international numbers. It would show dial assist. 

I went through some of the suggestions here in your community but it did not fix it. It does not show dial assist anymore but still can't put a call through. 

This started just recently.

I use iPhone 11

7 REPLIES 7

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @NURUDEEN, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues when trying to dial UK numbers - can you confirm if you're currently abroad, and if so, where you're currently located?

Do you currently have the option of dial assist available to you, or has this disappeared completely?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I am currently in the UK.

Dial assist no longer appear, it will show dialling when i put a call through, but it then drops with a tone without actually calling my contact.  

Thanks for coming back to me @NURUDEEN.

Can you possibly see if the handset is due any updates and please try giving the handset a reboot?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I switch it off and on yesterday. No result, but i upgraded it to iOS 15.6.1 recently. I started noticing the problem days after, to be honest i do not know if they have a connection.

Thanks 

Thanks for coming back to us @NURDEEN, this may be something you would need to advise Apple of, as it looks like their software update has possibly been the cause of this fault.

It may well be worth switching the handset off, removing the sim card, replacing the sim card, and then rebooting the handset.

This will ensure any unwanted cache on the handset is cleared.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

i Tried your suggestion to remove the SIM and replacing it and it worked. 

Thanks, i can make calls now.

Have a great day.

Hi @NURUDEEN

Thank you for your reply

Great to hear you're now able to make calls! I hope you have a great day, be sure to contact us if you require any further assistance.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs