cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery reports

Crazycat
On our wavelength

I swear this is sending me mad with frustration.

I've never had a problem with delivery reports, I have had S21 5G, for a months now, no problem with delivery reports, all of sudden, no reason, they've stopped, ivs been right through all settings, it shows that they are on for both SMS & MMS, so I can't understand what is going on, ive rang 789, couldn't get through twice via live chat, after waiting over 1.5hr, it cut me off, I went to my nearest virgin shop, that had closed down, ive exhausted all avenues I can think of.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What SMS app are you using. Samsung or Google's?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

49 REPLIES 49

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What SMS app are you using. Samsung or Google's?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Crazycat
On our wavelength

Samsung one,ike I said I've never had issues before.

Thanx for reply 👍

The same happened to me about a month ago delivery reports always worked until a month ago then they suddenly stopped 

I've been told it's because I'm now getting Vodafone signal not ee and Vodafone don't support delivery reports 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Vodafone do support delivery reports. I'm Vodafone and get them.

Anyway that is a red herring as Virgin only use Vodafone for signal  Everything else including the SMS Messaging Centre is down to them.

I have no idea but that's exactly the same as what happened to, im with Virgin, but they've merged with O2, I wonder if it's anything to do with that, but then again, my fella is still getting them.

God knows, but it's doing my head in.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The full merger with O2 is some way down the line. The two networks are running totally separate.

The loss of delivery reports is down to Virgin alone.

I have a Samsung a21s on virgin and they stopped a month ago my part has same phone on sky sim card which runs off on and he gets delivery reports still 

So why have our delivery reports stopped then 

Crazycat
On our wavelength

How do I get them back, it is impossible to get in touch with Virgin