cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted voicemail

Sally32
Joining in

Does anyone know how to retrieve a deleted voicemail message. I saved a message in sept 2020 On my I phone SE and it has now disappeared. It was of sentimental value. 
Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

BeardedBlunder
Dialled in
Sorry to hear you lost something you wished to keep.
I'm afraid I don't know any method & strongly suspect it's gone forever. So far as I'm aware, voicemail is stored on Virgin's servers rather than your phone, once you tell them delete it they do so, & unlike your own device where there'd be some hope of undeleting it, the space is likely overwritten almost straight away.

If you were the CEO of Virgin, MI5, MI6, or the PM, or similarly important, you might persuade them to find the recording in a backup, as a normal mortal, I suspect that's a lost cause.

Something I personally wish voicemail was (gone forever that is), that's a different issue I wasted too much time trying to arrange without success... You'd think turning voicemail off would be something you could do in your account settings, apparently you have to do it after ages waiting & talking to "support" operatives who can neither understand English, nor speak it clearly, meaning you effectively can't.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sally32, thanks for your post - apologies for the delayed response.

I'm also sorry about what happened with the voicemail message. Unfortunately as advised above it's not possible for us to retrieve voicemail messages it's just not something we have the facility to access.

Voicemail messages for mobile are only stored for a certain period of time, and only so many can be stored at once - the details can be found here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-voicemail

Apologies again I appreciate that will not be the response you will have been hoping for.

Tom