Menu
envida
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed and repeated texts

Hi,

I am still having the same issue. Reboots, network searches,phone factory resets, trying a different phone and new Sims all have no effect. Same problem, it's never really worked properly since I've been with Virgin.

There seem to be several people with exactly the same issue at the moment so I would suggest the problem is with the network not at my end.

If I didn't still have 6 months left on my 12 month SIM contract I'd be off to another network as it's really annoying now impacting other important services I get from other organisations,such as banking.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi envida, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I am really sorry you're still experiencing issues with text messages.I have sent you a private message to discuss this further, please check your inbox. 🙂

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Garynelson66
Joining in
Message 23 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I’m having the same problem.

texts been delayed when authentication with google etc

have rang virgin twice and all they say is reset your phone .

im really sick of virgin this is costing me money and time!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Garynelson66, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

I am really sorry you've also been experiencing some issues with text messages. 

Have you checked you have the correct APN settings and message centre number? You can see the settings here, https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/Mobile-APN-settings/ba-p/3629014. 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
envida
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I received this in a PM after checking some settings, probably helpful to anyone else with delays to texts

I have just spoken to our 2nd line tech team, they have advised there is a known issue with receiving verification text messages. we're currently working on, but I'm afraid we have no timescales to when this will be fixed. 

I am really sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, it might be worth seeing if you can use a different method to receive your bank alerts and verification's whilst we work on this fault.

Many thanks, 

0 Kudos