cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in iMessages being sent

IncredibleSulk1
Tuning in

Hello

Ever since joining VM back in September 2018 when I send an iMessage there is a delay of around 2-3 minutes in the message being sent and the blue bar at the top slowly moves across. This doesn’t happen when I am on WiFi and only seems to happen when I am on 4G or mobile data. 

I have spoke with Apple support and it isn’t something at their end as they have done extensive troubleshooting but to no avail. I am using an Apple iPhone XR

I’ve attached an image for reference. 

Thank

D687B7E6-DAF8-4571-B79D-EB46D2AAC63B.jpeg

134 REPLIES 134

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lastofficial wrote:

I’ve followed every troubleshooting step you VM customer services can give me and some steps I’ve done almost 4 times now. 

so now stuck with a phone that doesn’t work properly for 2 and a half years 👍🏻 Absolute joke

If you are on a Virgin FreeStyle contract then the airtime is on a 30 day rolling contract.

Despite what Virgin CS may tell you you can cancel that part and go elsewhere provided you keep the separate payments for the phone on. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Lastofficial,

Really sorry to hear this. Does it completely disconnect from the data/signal? If you set it to only use the 3G band does it still happen?

Thanks

Ben_N

Ben_N

yes this still happens when only on 3G

Doesn’t matter if on 4G or 3G it still happens every time 

Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That's odd! 

When was it you migrated to a new SIM? 

This has been since getting the contract with VM 7 months ago....

can someone tell me what the proper mobile data APN settings are supposed to be? In case it’s that

Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

The APN settings can be found here

Thanks

Ben_N

@Lastofficial wrote:

This has been since getting the contract with VM 7 months ago....

can someone tell me what the proper mobile data APN settings are supposed to be? In case it’s that

All the APN settings do, is point to the right place to get a connection for Virgin data/MMS, they can not alter the way your connection is 

You are getting a connection, so the APN settings are correct and working as expected.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

I’ve selected virgin manually in the network provider settings and have noticed when I’m having this issue it’s unselecting it? That’s why I asked about having the correct APN settings

That is very odd behaviour I've not come across before.

Still the same with network selection set as auto?

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.