cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in iMessages being sent

IncredibleSulk1
Tuning in

Hello

Ever since joining VM back in September 2018 when I send an iMessage there is a delay of around 2-3 minutes in the message being sent and the blue bar at the top slowly moves across. This doesn’t happen when I am on WiFi and only seems to happen when I am on 4G or mobile data. 

I have spoke with Apple support and it isn’t something at their end as they have done extensive troubleshooting but to no avail. I am using an Apple iPhone XR

I’ve attached an image for reference. 

Thank

D687B7E6-DAF8-4571-B79D-EB46D2AAC63B.jpeg

134 REPLIES 134

Meup93
On our wavelength

I'm on Android and have the same problem for months now. Only get messages when you go into the specific app It's so annoying their must be a fix by now I have a honor 8. Never had this issue with any other network

Lastofficial
Tuning in

Anyone still having issues with this or have most people moved to other networks? I’m still having this issue even now, connection to virgin so intermittent!

craiigman
Joining in

This seemed to be resolved for a while, but the past week or so have been having the same issues again. I just upgraded my contract as well.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

Can I ask if you have completed what Emma_C has advised above? 

Cheers. 

ashlyray
Joining in

Data stops working have to put it in aeroplane mode to make it work again was fixed but now started again the past week. Using android

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ashlyray, sorry to hear this has cropped up again. 

Have you noticed if there's any pattern to this happening at all, or does it appear to be completely random?

Have there been any changes at your end, such as a new SIM or device?

Tom 

Wayneg81
Joining in

Hi,

since joining virgin mobile around 3 weeks ago i been having this problem ? Imessages are taking up to around 20mins to send and receive and slot if the time im receiving them as txt rather than imessage when they finally come through ! I have tried all the trouble shooting thats been posted its starting to get abit annoying now ! I am on iphone xr 

Hi,

ive had this problem for ages and after fighting with VM for over a year about it I’ve moved to 3 and have none of these issues

I understand this isn’t a solution to the problem but I’d definitely consider changing networks as this seems to be indefinite until VM actually pull there finger out 

I just left three After 15yrs to join vm as had lots of problems over past year but now straight away having problems with these

No network is perfect but it seems many providers these days tend to neglect areas of there service, such as this issue (which seems to be mainly iPhone users and some android users) but quite happily plod along saying “of course we are looking into this and we are sorry for any inconvenience”

yet here we are still having to attempt to sort this issue ourselves on a community forum because VM have not pulled there finger out to get this sorted. 

they understand that a lot of people won’t follow up with a phone call to cancel because of it being hard work to cancel or resolve the issue, so we go back to “dealing with the issue”

I hope for the sake of so many users this affects that it does get sorted, but after my experience with them looking back I won’t hold my breath. I’d fully recommend doing your homework and going to another provider, reading terms and conditions to make sure it works for you as best it can, not the provider. 

always remember when you get into a plan you do have 14 days to cancel with no penalties, and in some cases, depending on how severe the issue is you can claim the network is breaking the agreement by not providing the service you pay for (long as your prepared for a battle)

anyone who decides to go to 3 I’d be happy to give you my link to get a £25 amazon gift card when you get a plan

https://referme.to/v0HeQlo

Least you can do after having to deal with all the messing about and phone calls and SIM cards and constant checks the CS team ask you to do is get onto a network that works for you!