cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in iMessages being sent

IncredibleSulk1
Tuning in

Hello

Ever since joining VM back in September 2018 when I send an iMessage there is a delay of around 2-3 minutes in the message being sent and the blue bar at the top slowly moves across. This doesn’t happen when I am on WiFi and only seems to happen when I am on 4G or mobile data. 

I have spoke with Apple support and it isn’t something at their end as they have done extensive troubleshooting but to no avail. I am using an Apple iPhone XR

I’ve attached an image for reference. 

Thank

D687B7E6-DAF8-4571-B79D-EB46D2AAC63B.jpeg

134 REPLIES 134

I’ve tried a new SIM card and the issue still persists. Can I give you my complaint reference as I’d prefer to speak over the phone? 

Thank you for responding IncredibleSulk1,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you wish to speak with our team over the phone, you can do so. You can call our team by dialing 789 using your Virgin mobile phone or 150 using any other phone. We're open until 10pm today. You can also provide your complaint reference number so we can check this further for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Victoria_M

This is seriously getting beyond a joke now, I called the number provided and they cannot speak regarding complaints and cannot transfer me to the complaints department to check the resolution so I have to just wait?!?! 

The guy even said that he can see that a resolution has been made but he can’t tell me what that is. Can someone seriously help with this now? 

I’ve also been having this issue since taking a contract out with virgin media 7 months ago

I’ve tried the following “fixes” suggested by virgin media’s customer service team:

phone turned off and back on again

new SIM card sent to fix the issue

network refresh via the phone

network refresh by virgin customer service

network refresh by me and virgin customer service

manually selecting virgin in the mobile data settings as network provider 

swapping sim into another iPhone (iPhone 7 worked fine)

swapping sim into an android phone (Alcatel 3 on Android Oreo 8.0 worked fine)

complete hard reset and setting up as new iphone

complete hard reset restoring from backup.

last resort virgin finally sent off my phone for repair, all they did was install latest software update and send it back. And guess what? Still have this issue after all of that. Absolutely beyond a joke. 

Now after all of that I’m going to have to try and fight for a replacement phone or to cancel the contract without paying my way out of it. I know I’ll have to try all of the above again before they even consider seeing it from the customers point of view as to how frustrating this actually is. 

Top it all off the “phone fix” section of the website doesn’t work within apples safari browser and trying to download virgins automatic internet setting by texting ‘ALL’ to the specific number comes up as the page doesn’t exist. 

Hopefully virgin will address the issue, seeing as I can only imagine that many people are having this exact issue (what with apple phones being so popular). If anyone gets anywhere with VM please update us! 

Hi,

dont suppose VM have come back to you as yet? I’m awaiting another SIM from them that they “guarantee will fix the problem”

sim replace won't work as I am suffering from the same issue since Oct 2018. Go on my post and let Emma_C know about this as she needs examples of more people having this issue. Hopefully Virgin do sort it out asap!

Hi,

any my chance you can pop a link for me to follow and I’ll do that. Long as someone from VM is looking to fix the problem for us!

@Lastofficial wrote:

Hi,

dont suppose VM have come back to you as yet? I’m awaiting another SIM from them that they “guarantee will fix the problem”

Sim replacement didn’t work. Still waiting for complaints to actually give a hoot about speaking with me. 

I think someone from vm contacted me on here via DM but that was Saturday and I’ve still not heard anything. 

Theyve blown the chance to help me with the issue, I’ll be leaving as soon as complaints are in touch. 

That’s how I’m feeling at the moment, was originally on giffgaff and had no issues, took the plunge with VM as they offered more data and a decent price, I didn’t mind going through trouble shooting as that makes sense to eliminate things that could be causing the issue, but after doing everything the customer service agents just seem to go back and try it again even though I’ve already told them I’ve tried it! 

Ill try the sim to indulge them as the guy was adamant this would solve it (even though it won’t) and after that I’ll be following through a complaint.

got the screenshot below from the text CS agent: 

2A868515-D518-489F-8F28-3ED2838730B8.png

It’s strange though as my partner is also on VM with an iPhone XR and she posted her number from GG same as I did but hers is absolutely fine. This is what made me think it was a handset issue? Maybe it’s because it’s newer but from reading other threads people with the iPhone XS also experience this, so it’s not consistent 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Mobile-data-goes-to-sleep/td-p/3918417/page/2

not sure if the link will work but if scroll down you will find Emma's name.