Menu
indie24
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Delay in Messages and Calls straight to Voicemail

Hi,

I have 2 issues. I have 3 lines with Virgin Mobile and i'm having issues with all 3 but mainly on mine. 

Issue 1) I have the £20 100gb sim only deal and it seems there is a massive delay in some data getting through to my phone. For instance, if someone sends me a message on whatsapp, it will either take anywhere up to 10-15 mins for it to appear on my phone or when I open the Whatsapp manually, the message will appear straight away. This does not happen on WIFI. I have the Arlo cameras at home and sometimes I will get 6 or 7 messages appears straight away which means there was an initial delay in getting the data to me. I am using a Note 8 if that helps.

Issue 2) I have a sim that my daughter uses for her phone. I can be sat next to her and try to call her but it goes straight to voicemail even though she has a strong signal. I rely on this sim as she is 13 and I need to get hold of her when we pick her up from school etc. I have been told that my phone also goes to voicemail as well despite me always having a good signal. 

Any help will be appreciated or I may have to leave Virgin due to reliability. I used to be on EE and never had this issue. All my contracts are up for renewal in the next 1-2 months.

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delay in Messages and Calls straight to Voicemail

I see you have found the thread on WhatsApp notifications, so you now know about that.

Calls straight to voicemail, could be a problem with your local mast where calls do not drop from 4g to 3g properly to take the call.  To test if this is the case, turn 4g off in the phones settings - use 2 and 3g only, then make some test calls to see if now working ok.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Indie24, 

Really sorry you're having these issues. 

I can see you're talking to the community about the data issue and I can see they have been assisting you. 

The call issue however isn't what we like to hear and I'm keen to know a bit more. 

Can you confirm what handset this is happening on?

Are you on Virgin mobile yourself?

Are you able to call somebody that ins't on the Virgin network without any issues or delay? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
indie24
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The call issue is well documented on here too and so is the data issue. I have 3 sims and all have this issue. There is an issue with Virgin and it seems there is no fix. I am looking for alternate sim only now and will be switching as I am out of contract for all 3.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Indie24, 

Really sorry you're having these issues. 

I can see you're talking to the community about the data issue and I can see they have been assisting you. 

The call issue however isn't what we like to hear and I'm keen to know a bit more. 

Can you confirm what handset this is happening on?

Are you on Virgin mobile yourself?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos