Menu
Highlighted
ninjaef
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Daughter robbed and ridiculous Virgin Customer "Support"

Oh My GOD !

I cannot believe how stupid Virgin mobile customer services are treating my daughter.

She is working in Spain, Barcelona, and last Monday was robbed at KNIFEPOINT. She now has no phone. She cannot phone Virgin UK. She cannot contact them. She has no access to any phone or other mobile although she does have the internet .she is on a remote farm. She has an iPad and used messenger to contact me via facebook.

I have on FOUR times tried to phone Virgin to get the SIM cancelled and a new one sent out. They completely refuse to speak to me because neither my Daughter or me can remember the password she set up when we went into a store about 8 months ago. never used the passsword or phoned virgin until now. I understand GPDR and all that but my daughter lives at my address in the uk and that is where the account is registered to. I have asked for a new sim to be sent so that I can send it to Spain. NOPE . Virgin still do not want to help. I even provided my daughters DoB her name her address her top 3 most called and textd number. NOPE virgin still wont help. They suggest my daughter phones them ARGGHHHHHHH

This is stupid.

any ideas forum please

my Daughter is going through enough without Virgin being like this,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Daughter robbed and ridiculous Virgin Customer "Support"

Hi Ninjaef, 

I'm truly sorry to hear of what's recently happened to your daughter and I can fully appreciate the frustration trying to get a new SIM is causing you and your daughter. 

I can certainly have a closer look into this so I can assist further but I will need to do this via personal personal message so I'll pop you one now. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
ninjaef
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

OMG YES YES YES please - the Customer Service on the phone is terrible and derisory. They just do not want to help my poor girl.
0 Kudos
ninjaef
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Emma .. I have replied to your message. PLEASE REPLY

0 Kudos
ninjaef
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Emma has replied and hopefully this awful issue will be resolved shortly. I just wish telephone support was as good as Emma. Come on Virgin Mobile, lets have more Emmas !

japitts
Super solver
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just one small thing, I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone and I hope the OP's daughter gets this sorted. But on the specifics of getting a replacement SIM sent out...

One of the latest scams to be doing the rounds relies on fraudsters using networks' lax security to obtain a replacement SIM, which the fraudster uses to pass "text me a security number" type checks that banks and suchlike use, and in doing so gain access to victims' bank accounts. Operators are therefore, quite rightly, being a tad careful with replacement SIMs.

It's hugely unfortunate that what sounds like a genuine situation, is being put to inconvenience by this, but it seemed worthwhile just to mention this. Again, real sympathies to the OP's daughter and I hope this is resolved ASAP.

ninjaef
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

EMMA_C

PLEASE GIVE MY DAUHTERD THE PASSWORD REMINDER

SHE HAS LEFT YOU MSGS AND HAS RECEIVED A MESSAGE SAYING ''''sure,we can reset your password...what is your password'

REALLY!!! COME ON, IT WAS GOING WELL BUT EMMA

STILL NO SIM CARD IN THE POST

STILL NO PASSWORD

COME ON EMMA PLEASE

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Rising star
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am sure if your daughter knew the password she could have given it to you to log into the portal to stop it? Edit or even done it herself?

VM are not going to give someone a new password unless they can confirm the old one - are you sure you are not the robber trying to get access to the account!?

Sounds fishy

0 Kudos
ninjaef
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Happywithmy350 .. you are a genuine 100%  [REMOVED]

emma, SIM card arrived today and summer has her password.... Thank you sosososo much. Issue resolved. ive ive  you a PM

[Mod Edit –  Inappropriate Comments etc]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi ninjaef,

Very sorry to hear of what happened to your daughter. I'm really pleased to hear you have received the new SIM. If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos