Menu
Highlighted
KateSJ
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Data roaming not working

I'm abroad in Europe and my data roaming isn't working. I've made sure the settings are as suggested via My Mobile account and on my handset, but it still doesn't work. I'e also tried restarting after checking these settings are correct. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data roaming not working

Check roaming is active in the phone settings and on your Mobile Online Account

virgin mobile online account > plan & device > manage your services section (you'll need wifi for that).

Check apn settings which are different for the old red/white, and new purple sim.
If you have the new purple sim card, click this link.

New virgin mobile purple sim card and you need the apn settings for data

If you have the old red/white sim card, click this link.

Old red/white sim card Roaming - FAQs

Try manually connecting to all the networks available.

You can also check the online Help & Support Page: Roaming hub if you have access to WiFi.
If you are still stuck after that, you probably need vm to fix it from their side.

0 Kudos
KateSJ
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul. All the settings are already as you've described, including APN, but no joy unfortunately. Thanks though!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi KateSJ,

Thanks for your post on the Community and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your roaming service.

I will need to take more details in order to look into this, so I will send you a private message requesting more information so that I can assist with this issue. Just click on the envelope icon at the top of this page.

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos