cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data only when on Vodafone network

CBetts95
Tuning in

Hi, 

I can only access data when I manually swap to the Vodafone network, and while I can call and text on others it’s only Vodafone I can get any data on. Not even when directly connected to the Virgin network. 
This would be alright but I regularly lose connection to the Vodafone network when I would have full signal connected to Virgin. 

Any help much appreciated. 
Charlie 

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like you have now been transitioned away from EE (Virgin's old signal provider) onto Vodafone which is their new.

Somehow the SIM is not reading this correctly. What make and model of phone? Have you done a reboot?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, 

I’ve tried everything I can think of, reboots, airplane mode off and on, my sim in another phone, new sim (did this in the start of July as the problem has been going since late June), even using Vodafone’s apn settings. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like the transition has gone wrong their end. 

You should not see Vodafone listed and definitely should not be able to use their APN

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry to hear about your data issue @CBetts95 and we'd like to take a closer look. I'll send you a Private Message (purple envelope on the top right) so I can grab some details so we can help 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

Any idea how I can help them sort it? 
I can see and use Vodafone but should have said that the Vodafone apn does not work. 

I've just sent you an email for the personal information as we can ask our Support Team to take a look and see if they can shed any light 🙂 And if there are any other information that you feel can help, please post it in this public thread as our Support Team can see them.

Thanks,

Lisa

Thanks for the Private Message @CBetts95 and I've passed on your details to our Support Team so they can investigate in the background.