Menu
maisielovell
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Data not working abroad!

Hi, I’m on holiday and I have service to text and call but I cannot get my data to work! I have turned it on via my Virgin account and have checked my APN and it seems to be ok. So I don’t know why it isn’t working. Can anyone help please?!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data not working abroad!

Hi maisielovell,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your data roaming service. You may need to manually search through the available networks to see with one works, as the auto-connection doesn't always find the available local host network.

Please verify that your data roaming setting on your mobile is enabled and that your APN settings are correct as noted on this post: Roaming - FAQs or you can find your handset on our following website to have the configuration settings for mobile internet sent to your phone: Online Send Phone Settings. If your handset isn’t on this list, you will need to manually reset the APN settings.

Also have a look at the following online Help & Support Page: Roaming Hub if you have access to WiFi.

I will send you a private message requesting more information so that I can assist with this issue. Just click on the envelope icon at the top of this page.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi maisielovell,

Thank you for sending your details via PM. I have reset this on your account. It can take up to 24 hours for this to update on the network.

Just reboot your handset and retry.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
maisielovell
Joining in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Terri, I’ll keep an eye on it
0 Kudos
maisielovell
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri, it’s back working! Thank you for your help, much appreciated!
0 Kudos
Chiarabal
Settling in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem, in Italy. The phone says no service. All settings are the way they are supposed to be and I see lots of available networks on my friends’s devices. 

Please can you help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chiarabal,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your data roaming service. Have you logged into your Mobile Online Account and verified that your roaming service is switched to ON and International Call Barring is switched OFF? Also, you may need to manually search through the available networks to see which one works, as the auto-connection doesn't always find the available local host network.

Please verify that your data roaming setting on your mobile is enabled and that your APN settings are correct as noted on this post: Roaming - FAQs (for Red SIM card) or  New Purple Virgin Mobile SIM and need the APN settings for data

Also have a look at the following online Help & Support Page: Roaming Hub if you have access to WiFi.

If you are still having an issue with this, I will need to take more details in order to look into this for you. Please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and provide the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Mobile number

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Jo18
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am in Spain and having the same problem. Roaming is definitely switched on both on my virgin account and on my phone. I have full signal and can call and text. The only network I am able to connect to is orange. Data still is not working. Help please?

Thanks

Joanna 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jo18,

Thanks for your post on the Community and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your data roaming in Spain. 

I will send you a private message requesting more information so that I can assist with this issue. Just click on the envelope icon at the top of this page.

0 Kudos
LAlex
Joining in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Virgin,

This problem is still an issue for me. I'm currently at home in the UK, but for my last trip to Brussels in April, I was unable to use data for the whole day I was there. My husband will be going to Spain tomorrow and I'd like to at least make sure that his phone doesn't have this issue (which I'm 100% it will at this stage). We'll both be travelling to Europe again in the near future so I'd like to sort this out for both of our phones. Can you let me know what is to be done please.

I've called Virgin several times on this issue, who claims that they've not heard of this problem before. Data on. Roaming allowed. Service providers searched for manually. Turn phone on and off. All didn't make a difference. Really frustrating.

Thanks,

LAlex

0 Kudos