Menu
Mixesnuss
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Data doesn’t work abroad.

Hi,

I’m currently on holidays in Poland. My roaming data service doesn’t work properly either on 4G or 3G mode on. I’ ve tried selecting different network but it didn’t help. I set up all roaming settings up before I left UK this time. I can make calls as the service is on but still can’t use my data even after changing my APN setup. Could you give me a hand with that please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data doesn’t work abroad.

Hi Mixesnuss,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear about this issue and hope it hasn't effected your holiday too much.

Did you make sure that data roaming was switched on before you like the UK on your online account? It would also be worth knowing if this is enabled on your handset also.

Could you also confirm if you're using an older SIM card that is EE hosted or have you migrated to one of our newer SIM cards.

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Mixesnuss
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for quick reply. 

I switched my online roaming settings on before I left UK. My phone’s roaming settings are on from the beginning.

I’m not quite sure which SIM am I currently using. Last time I switched it to the new one was more or less a year ago tho.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response Mixesnuss,

Is the SIM card purple or red? If this is purple it will be one of our newer SIM cards.

If you could perhaps tell me what is displayed on your handset - Does it say No Service or does a network of some sort appear?

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Mixesnuss
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My SIM card is red. The network appears as ‘Orange’

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for checking the SIM Card Mixesnuss. 

Given that you've already enabled data roaming on your account and phone but still experiencing problems, I'd like to access your account to run further diagnostics.

To be able to do this I'll need some further details from you. I'll drop you a PM asking for the details I need, if you can reply to that I'll be more than happy to help.

Warm Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just an update, data roaming has now been enabled, please allow 24 hours for it to work.

If you're still experiencing issues try restarting your mobile phone to see if it helps.

Please let us know if you still experience problems after the 24 hours and enjoy your holiday in Poland Mixesnuss 🙂

Warm Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
Mixesnuss
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

It’s working already. That was quick. Thanks for your assistance.

Regards, 

Darek

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Happy to hear that Mixesnuss,

To confirm, data roaming will always be enabled for you unless you tell us otherwise. 

Warm Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos