Menu
teabag
Superstar
Message 41 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data connection going to sleep, no push notifications being received over mobile data

Not trying to be losing you in technical jargon :-)

LTE is just data

VoLTE is voice over LTE/data, which EE/BT have kept use just for themselves.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
williamleggatt
Tuning in
Message 42 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data connection going to sleep, no push notifications being received over mobile data

I'm not lost.

But I was told by a VM chat (assume sales) person - before I signed up that the service is like-for-like to my previous provider. The service I receive is not, as you have just explained. So it is not what was promised (appreciate not part of legal contract) by the person whom I have to assume VM have trained for the role.  Hence why I wish to migrate away at no cost/penalty to myself.

Yet VM are currently not allowing this.

0 Kudos
indie24
On our wavelength
Message 43 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Ok, Can you all try this to see if it helps. If you are using Android, go to Optimise battery usage.Deselect Whatsapp and any other apps that are currently being optimised but you are having delayed notification. I will do some testing over the days.

0 Kudos
mifftyefc
Tuning in
Message 44 of 55
Flag for a moderator

I've had this issue for so long and every time I contact Virgin they blame my phone, So today I went out and got a PAYG sim and guess what it's perfect so it's defiantly  the Virgin network, this is the 21st century and virgin can't provide the basics. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mifftyefc
Tuning in
Message 45 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Tried this Indie24 still the same
0 Kudos
indie24
On our wavelength
Message 46 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Yes, still the same for me. Looks like we will have to change provider for this issue to be fixed. I'm looking around for other deals on pay monthly sims. I have 3 sims and all out of contract so if anyone finds any decent deals for £10-15 per month, let me know!

0 Kudos
mifftyefc
Tuning in
Message 47 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Not good though really as this threads been open since April and virgin still haven't found a fix. So we still pay full price for the service and can really only use the phones with WIFI '' Yeah great service Virgin'' bit of a downer as I switched from O2 a year ago and still have 12 months remaining :-( #poorservice

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 48 of 55
Flag for a moderator

@mifftyefc wrote:

Not good though really as this threads been open since April and virgin still haven't found a fix. So we still pay full price for the service and can really only use the phones with WIFI '' Yeah great service Virgin'' bit of a downer as I switched from O2 a year ago and still have 12 months remaining :-( #poorservice

For 24 months, you must also have a phone - Classic (1 direct debit monthly) or Freestyle loan (2 direct debits monthly)?

0 Kudos
mifftyefc
Tuning in
Message 49 of 55
Flag for a moderator

@Teabag yes two direct debits a month
0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 50 of 55
Flag for a moderator

@mifftyefc wrote:
@Teabag yes two direct debits a month

That will be a Freestyle loan for phone, the SIM/plan will be a 30day contract - so you have the choice to move network for the SIM side if you you really wanted too, phone loan would carry-on as normal with Virgin.

You can also check that by sending a text - Text "INFO" to 85075, you will get a reply with much cost of moving network would be - which should be nill for you.  https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2019/end-it-with-a-text-mobile-swit...

0 Kudos