cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data allowance

Loopyloo1
Joining in

Why is it I have used 13.85gb of 18gb of data, and I am now not able to use the rest? Literally I can't access anything now when I'm not in the house, making WhatsApp messaging impossible. I'm sure I remember setting a data cap a long time ago (which has never been an issue til now), and I assumed when I did this it would be easily managed if I had to amend it. It seems it is now impossible to change this? I am not adding any more data on because I clearly have some left to use, just can't use it.  And of course no way of contacting Virgin for help. It's ridiculous 

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Loopyloo1

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forum and welcome to the team! It's great to have you on board! 

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing this issue! Have you check the data is not turned off the handset? 

Are you able to conduct a Network search for us? 

Thank you. 

Loopyloo1
Joining in

I don't know how to do either of those things, I don't think I'm even replying correctly, I cant believe this is the only way Virgin provide help

Thank you for your reply @Loopyloo1, what handset are you using?

We do not switch off the data service whether you have remaining data or not so I'm not quite sure why you have no access to your data services.

I think it would be best to take a look at our phone fix page here to go through some diagnostics to see if this helps. It will also show what you need to do with the handset when doing these diagnostics.

Please let us know how you get on with this, if you need any further support we'll me happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules