cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data abroad

Makem1973
Joining in

Every time I go abroad I can't connect to mobile data even after setting roaming and turning off my phone while flying, as per virgin advice. 

5 REPLIES 5

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Makem1973 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you on the teams. 

We are so sorry that you have faced this issue regarding your service when abroad, are you currently outside of the UK and experiencing this issue? 

Thank you

No , it happened a couple of weeks ago inSpain

Thank you for replying Makem1973.

The next time you are abroad can you please keep the below information handy.

If you’re using an Android phone, please can you do the following: Selects Apps from your home screen > Virgin SIM toolkit > Roaming > Mode > Manual > International. Once this has been done you might need to reboot. Let us know if this works for you. 

If you’re using an iPhone, please can you do the following: Settings > Phone > SIM Applications > Roaming > Mode > Manual > International. If you’re using a newer iOS, then you it will be under Mobile Data instead of phone. Once this has been done you might need to reboot. Let us know if this works for you. 

Hope that helps.

Gareth_L

Gareth_L,

The Sim Applications option was removed by some more than 2 months ago by some clown in Virgin Mobile. There have been numerous complaints regarding this and the subsequent inability of customers to obtain service when Roaming. As usual Virgin Mobile ignore the problem in the hope that proposed move to O2 Sims ( using O2 for roaming rather than the Mickey Mouse Belgian version that Virgin Mobile use) will fix the problem. Sadly the move to O2 Sims has not materialised, no surprise to anybody who has endured the “service “ that Virgin provide. 
Regards,

Dave

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Smoggy239,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and input. 🙂

We're working hard to complete the O2 migration, it can take a little while to be complete.

Is there anything we can help you with today to assist?

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs