cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Only

AndrewLadd
Joining in

I upgraded 2 weeks ago. I thought I was upgrading to unlimited minutes and texts with 1GB of data. Today my allowances refreshed and I find I’m on a data only package. Not only that my allowances are showing that I have used 300mg of data when I haven’t even left the house, which is strange as my phone is showing it is connected to WiFi. I can’t make any calls or send texts.  I tried using the message plan suggested on this page but the message would not send.  I also tried to change the plan but they are all data only.

When I sign up for the upgrade, I was asked if I was a Virgin media customer, which I am, but I was told I was not and I was going to be put on a different plan.

How do I solve this, preferably without making a call

5 REPLIES 5

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AndrewLadd, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had since upgrading. It's odd that you would be changed to Data-Only as far as I'm aware it's not something we offer - so it's likely this is a glitch or error.

I'd like to see what we can do to help - please look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and get back to me so we can investigate further. 

Tom 

AndrewLadd
Joining in

Hi it’s me again

I’m afraid I’ve gone back to having no texts on my allowance again. It’s seems to happen when the account refreshes

thanks

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us AndrewLadd,

Really sorry to hear the same issues has come back again. You advised this issue only appears when your re-fresh date comes around. 

Are we having to manually add the minutes and text each month for you? Looking through your previous conversations this is what happened last time.

Please let us know so we can look in to this for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi 

yes it does seem to happen when the allowances refresh. Although there was one month where everything was normal

Hi @AndrewLadd

Thanks for posting!

I'm going to private message you to collect a few more details, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs