cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Issues

MikeStepney
Joining in

Hello,

I have 4 phones (iPhone 11) on my account and all were changed onto a slightly different contract (sim only) a week or so ago.  As soon as the new contract was put in place all 4 phones had difficulty in using 3g or 4g data.  The reception appears to have worsened and we cannot get any data via 4g and sometimes a very little via 3g.  If we move away from our local area it appears to get back to normal.  I have had new sim cards sent out and have tried all sorts of network reconnections/resets but nothing seems to help.

Any advice very gratefully received.

Many thanks

MS 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Almost certain that the phones are now running on Vodafone and not EE as previous. Sounds like VF is not too good in your locality.

Check here for coverage and faults.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Almost certain that the phones are now running on Vodafone and not EE as previous. Sounds like VF is not too good in your locality.

Check here for coverage and faults.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks - I have just checked the vodafone coverage and it suggests that I should have good 4g (indoors and out) coverage. Even when I do get a 4g connection there appears to be no data transfer.  I have tried speed testing the data and on 3g I can sometimes get a little but nothing at all on 4g.  All very frustrating...

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm hearing on here a few cases where people say they have signal and no or poor data. Only comparing with someone actually on Vodafone would prove who is at fault.

Hi MikeStepney,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the signal issues you're not having. 

To be able to confirm the connection you're on I will private message you now to get some details. 

^Martin