cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covid exemption for roaming/new SIM card

JaneOlivia1
On our wavelength

Hello,

I am usually London based but have been stuck in Australia where strict rules over travel make it difficult to leave. I have finally secured a flight to arrive back in London 14 October but have received an email and text to say that I need a new SIM card by October 1. I want to obtain an exemption on this, given the exceptional circumstances. Will my phone continue to work? Will it work as normal as soon as I land in London? 

6 REPLIES 6

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've escalated your post to the team. However, reading another thread on the topic it appears there are no exceptions

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Welcome back to the community @JaneOlivia1 and thanks for taking the time to post your issue here.

I'm sorry to say this but we cannot offer any exemptions or exceptions to this, the network update will be happening on Monday 4th October for all customers, we cannot extend dates on a case by case basis. 

You would still be able to use apps such as Whatsapp and Facebook messenger to make calls via WiFi network but you would not be able to use any roaming functions.

Your phone would work again once you land in London as it would be connected to the Virgin network and not need to roam to connect.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hello - once I land back n the UK will my phone update the roaming services itself? Jane 

Thanks for coming back to us @JaneOlivia1.

The non roaming features of your phone will work but your phone wont be able to use any of its roaming features without a new sim card.

We can arrange for a sim card to be sent to your UK address, so it would be with you on your return but we could only do this a few days before your return, so you can have time to activate the new sim card as it needs to be done with 7 days of the sim being sent out.

Would you like to arrange this to be done?

Regards,

Steven_L

hi Steve - yes but not yet. will be in touch .. jane

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Please keep us posted on when is best for you JaneOliva1,

Zoie