cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage LL553PB

AlanM1954
Just joined

Our VM signal strength is very good 4G but download speed varies.

In the morning and evening when I presume people are on their Pads/Computers I am lucky to get 3Mb.   Mid morning to Mid afternoon I get around 30Mb download.

I can only assume that the local phone mast bandwidth is poor and during high use times it cannot cope.

This is very frustrating when trying to work remotely.

Do VM have any plans to upgrade phone mast bandwidth on overloaded masts

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin is a Virtual Network they have no masts of their own. Presently they are using EE or Vodafone but soon to be Vodafone only.

They have no influence over the planning and upgrading of masts, such work being down to the originating network, whose own customers will face the same problems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the information.

Do you know how I would find out who runs the mast and if getting a broadband dongle with them would give me better speeds or would I still be subject to the bandwidth problem.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Depends when you signed up. But if you are looking for a dongle on Virgin for future use it will be Vodafone.

As to what network you are on now. If you do a network search and EE is listed but not Vodafone then you will be on Vodafone 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks